Sunday, May 16, 2010

a destination




Be ever so grateful for the small joys in your life. I reflect everyday upon the fact that I have stereoscopic color vision, and I know how important it is to me. Also, I have a right hand that I have trained to hold various implements of writing and drawing; this too is of great importance. (Don't ask what I use the left for :P)
Occasionally I am granted visions to put the eye and the hand to good use- this is called art. Art has a way of enriching our world, of illuminating even the most mundane experiences. This is what I strive for, but it seems impossible without the help of someone above.
Thank you, God.
When I create with the intention of giving, the work takes on a new tone. It no longer feels like I'm spinning my wheels, but that I have a destination to look forward to. Art is a wonderful thing, yes, but all the more wonderful when we share it.
In my limited free time, when I feel as if I should be making something, I will make small give-away art, like the bookmark you see above. Eventually everyone I know will receive something that I have made, but my first objective is to reward those who have displayed random acts of kindness. Look out, you unsung saints of the work-a-day world!

No comments:

Post a Comment