Saturday, May 8, 2010

Drawing Therapy






For those of you who don't know, I work at a school, and the school year is almost over- thank God! Those of us on the faculty who don't act worse than some of the kids we teach occasionally enjoy having "therapy sessions". In these sessions we help each other cope with certain individuals who make our work environment less friendly. The doodles above were made yesterday during the discussions.
Maybe I'm not such a good visual thinker. Maybe I think with language too much, and maybe that's why I've had artist's block for so long. This was a pretty good stream-of-consciousness exercise, and there's even a bit of observational drawing in the 1982 piece.

Last night I did something I had said I'd never do, which is make a Facebook page. Guess I gave in to peer pressure. Hey, maybe it'll get more people to read this blog, and I can actually start to make posts more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment