Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Saturday!








When people hear that I paint, they might sometimes think that I'm some academic art snob. My interest in the arts actually has a much geekier origin than that, namely comics. I learned to draw from not just reading, but studying comic books. I didn't really draw from life until I got to college. To this day, when I visualize things, I usually see them with heavy black outlines and Ben-day dots before I see them in paint strokes or soft pastel.
I am an amateur at Photoshop. Everything I know I either learned from Jeanne, or from Internet tutorials. I just see it as another tool, really. It makes more sense to color drawings digitally if I know they're going to be posted on the Internet. I can also evoke a more comics-like feel with Photoshop than with colored pencil, or whatever.

Summer is almost upon us, and not only do I have a wedding to get ready for, but I feel like it's time to go back to making presentable art. Putting pen to paper is a step in the right direction. I just want to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment