Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Trips and Dream Incantations



Ink, gouache, acrylic, collage, in Moleskine, June 2010.

A turkey from an outdoor magazine, a man from the cover of an evangelical comic book, Christ Pantocrator from the Manuscript of Lambert Saint-Omer, 1260, scribblings and doodles, the eyes of Buddha, an upside down selfie, and a vague description of last night's dream.



The aforementioned comic book, slightly smaller than actual size

Alchemy, mysticism, abstraction, "The grand lines in nature", fundamentalist cartoons, dream interpretations, the collective unconsciousness, egotism masquerading as shamanism, mix and match world religions, suspicion of divine intervention; all that went into these pages over the last week.
Baffling, perplexing, stupefying, perturbing, and utterly discombobulating- just like a dream. A year ago I kept a sort of dream journal and I stopped when the school year started. Recently, my dreams haven't been that notable except for the one I had last night. I won't bore you any further with the details, just try and decipher my handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment