Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two Iberian Lynxes




Gouache and ink on paper, based on a National Geographic photo, 2010.

The one who's winning is the mother. The baby is wearing a radio collar.

Remember the drawing I said I'd messed up yesterday? Well, this is it. I managed to revive it with another coat of gouache. I think I am beginning to fall in love with the process of applying a coat of gouache and going back on top of it with watercolor; you can still blend them into each other even after the gouache has dried. It's a pretty big difference from acrylic which has to have another layer painted over it in order to have the effect of blending after it dries .
Speaking of acrylic, I know that it's been a couple of days since I posted the canvas panel I am working on, but I painted over a lot of stuff, and I am currently trying to build it back up again. Even for a work in progress post, empty areas of paint aren't that interesting to look at. I will try to work on it some more today, and maybe there will be an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment