Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Words Only

There will be no image posted today. I have come to the decision, even if it is a temporary one, that it is a disservice to my drawings if I rush through them for the sake of immediate publishing. What do you think is a better strategy: to spend several days on a piece and fill it with many embellishments and details, or to spend about ten minutes on a scrap of paper and only show ten minutes worth of work? I am going with the former option. Sorry to disappoint anybody, but the work suffers when it is rushed, and that's a greater disappointment.
There are multiple projects going at once. It is more comfortable for me to work on them in stages than it is to force myself to work on one exclusively. Rest assured, I am drawing and painting every day, and I will continue to do so this summer, but work will only be uploaded maybe once or twice a week rather than daily.
A better venue for daily drawings is my sketchbook, which has been largely neglected over the last two weeks. Open-ended projects are always more interesting to me, and a sketchbook is very open-ended.
See you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment